Yep, that pretty much sums up my feelings about the World Series so far. I really don’t care. I admit that I haven’t even watched any of it, other than any highlights that happened to be shown on my local news coverage. Following the LCS and WS games in the newspaper would have been difficult, as well, since all but one or two games have “ended too late for this edition.” Reading about it the day after the day after just isn’t the same.
Apparently the Inquirer’s editors have as much enthusiasm for it as I do.😉
That being said, if I absolutely had to choose a favorite or be threatened with bodily harm, I suppose I’d go with Texas. Why, you ask? Well, a few reasons:
- Texas has never won a World Series; St. Louis has won 10 (OK, not exactly a Yankee-like number, but still more than every other team that is not the Yankees).
- Prior to last year, the Rangers had never even been to the WS; this year marks the Cardinals’ 18th visit to the Fall Classic.
- I know people who live in Texas; I don’t know anyone in St. Louis (or even all of Missouri, for that matter).
- Tony LaRussa and his micromanaging ways really annoy me.
- Joe Buck really, really annoys me, and even though he was actually born in Florida, he’s basically from St. Louis.
- A Wild Card team should not win the World Series. It just shouldn’t.
Currently up 3 games to 2, Texas could win it all tonight. I’ll try to muster a little interest, and perhaps sneak a peek at the game. Or not.